Friday, November 30, 2007

That was a wash

So I guess I wasn't cut out for nablopomo this year. I think 10 days without a post pretty much proves that. The last week has been really busy and I would've had a lot to say, had I posted. But I didn't.

We had a great Thanksgiving. The night before, Jaben and I went to see Jamestown - Jill and Dave James band and it was so much fun! Jill and Dave are really sweet people to begin with and we know they're a lot of fun to be around, but their show was more than even we expected! We had a blast!! Jill says they're having another show in February, so if you're in the area I suggest you consider going - it's more than worth the price of the tickets!

On Turkey day, we went to my aunt Sandy's house. Everyone ate, drank, and was merry the whole day. Even the big kids got along - and the little kids didn't fight nearly as much as they usually do. Although that may be because Megan was good about hiding the toys they argued over the minute it began. WTG, Meg! So it ended up being a nice day.

Friday, we did nothing. It was nice, but I felt like such a slug because I'm not used to staying in pj's all day and sitting around like that. It felt weird!! So Saturday I cleaned some, then took Jaben and Kyan to see Bee movie!

Kyan's first theatre experience! And it went WELL!!!! Because it was his first time, we got popcorn and drinks and both boys got a candy, and wow even being a matinee it was REALLY expensive! So that won't be happening again for a while. At least not with all the extras. The movie, however, is cute and I do recommend it if you get the chance. If it kept Ky occupied, it MUST be good!

After that it was back to same 'ol same 'ol. Sunday was cleaning blah blah blah, and Monday - Fri back to work. I have figured out Jaben's play (The Nuttiest Christmas Carol) will be on Dec 15 at 7 pm at the theatre uptown for anyone who is interested. Tickets will be available at the door. It'd be great to have as many people as possible come out to support him. I'm sure if you know Jaben, you know how good this class has been for him and his self esteem and image. So if you can, come out and support my boy!

That's the short, not-so-detailed version of what we've all been up to lately. If I'd managed to keep up with nablopomo I could've made things more interesting, but now, with so much to say and so little time to say it... this is the best I can do. I'll be back again when I can -- hopefully much sooner than 10 days!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think it was a wash. You are an incredibly busy woman, with a lot of obligations in your life. I enjoy reading your blog and admire your very obvious commitment to your family.

palmtreefanatic said...

I did miss your not postings, but totally understand business!

Awwww....is that the ONLY day for the play??? bummer, wanted to go see it but already planned on the musical/ play our people from church are participating in....( also our date night) Darn it! everything is always at once!DANG!!!