Friday, November 02, 2007

Day 2 and NaBloPoMo brings traffic!

Well, I've made it 2 days! I know, huge accomplishment, right? Day two has definitely brought thoughts of what to write about, a few small additions (I'm totally digging my new profile pic... it's cute, right??), and some visitors! There has been a definite spike in visits, brought on by the NoBloPoMo randomizer. I even got a couple of comments - and you can be sure I'll be stopping by your blogs!

It's weird, I've always like to write, have always wanted to write. And here I have the space and the freedom to do it, my own little corner of the interwebs, and I neglect it. Often. I get busy, or I can't think of anything interesting to add... but who really cares if it's great? It should be for me, for my boys. I've kept a better scrapbook of their lives thru this blog than I ever have with baby books or photo albums. Oh who am I kidding? Most of their pictures are in shoe boxes or, more recently, stored on hard drives and CDs. But this... this has their memories, chronicles their lives and might, one day, give them that amazing scrapbook I just can't find the time for. Printed entries, arranged in a book would be something they could both have, to take with them forever. Even this site, with all my randomness, might be a cool reminder of who we all were. Back then, when they were young.

Okay, enough of the sentimental stuff. I've got a cute Kyan story for today that I really hope comes across in text. It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny day today, and we'd gone to Goodwill to donate about 7 bags of old clothes (yes, I'm a hoarder). Since I didn't have to go further from the car than the 4 feet to the door, I left Kyan strapped into his carseat and just opened the door so he wasn't "alone," so he never got out of the car. He did his usual talking and singing to himself as I unloaded but I wasn't really listening. I know I probably should have been, but I wasn't really even paying attention when I got back in and started to drive away. What I did hear sounded something like, "Tunnay."

So I asked him, "Sunday, Ky? What about Sunday?"

There was a moment of silence from the back seat, followed by a very clearly enunciated, "It's -- sun-ny!"

Um, yeah, way to put Mommy in her place, kid.

Okay, maybe it doesn't come across in text very well. But trust me, I was put very firmly in my place by a 2 yr old today. Ouch. He got me back tho... later after we'd dropped Jaben off for camping with the scouts, I was treated to 15 straight minutes of...

Kyan: knock knock!
Mommy: Who's there?
Kyan: 'anana
Mommy: banana who?
Kyan" knock knock?
Mommy: Who's there?
Kyan: 'anana
Mommy: banana who?
Kyan" knock knock?
Mommy: Who's there?
Kyan: 'anana
Mommy: banana who?
Kyan" knock knock?

Repeat ad nauseum. He even kept it up when I got out to pump gas. Seriously, at some point this kid needs to learn the end of the joke. Which, if you don't know it (and I'm sure you must!) is that after repeating the banana part of the joke until the "who's there" person is ready to strangle you, you switch it up...

Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

No comments: