Thursday, November 15, 2007

I love Dr. Seuss

Does anyone read Dr. Seuss anymore? I was choosing a story to read to Kyan at bedtime and realized he's got a ton of Dr. Seuss books, and I love all of them! Tonight we read Green Eggs and Ham and it's just as much fun now as it was when I was little and used to read it. I swear I was still reading Dr. Seuss books in 5th grade. They're just wonderful.

Gosh, I remember Jaben loving Green Eggs and Ham so much he had his grandma make him some once. They were the grossest looking things ever, but he ate them up and loved them! I wonder how many other kids have done that?

But my all time favorite Seuss book is Fox in Socks. I love to read that one - it's a tongue twister from beginning to end, and it's such a challenge to me to get thru it without messing it up. It's one of the few we don't have. I think Santa needs to bring Kyan a copy of that for Christmas so we can read it together... it always makes me laugh and I think he'd really enjoy it.

Look, sir. Look, sir. Mr. Knox, sir.
Let's do tricks with bricks and blocks, sir.
Let's do tricks with chicks and clocks, sir.

First, I'll make a quick trick brick stack.
Then I'll make a quick trick block stack.

You can make a quick trick chick stack.
You can make a quick trick clock stack.

And here's a new trick, Mr. Knox....S
ocks on chicks and chicks on fox.
Fox on clocks on bricks and blocks.
Bricks and blocks on Knox on box.

1 comment:

KOZ said...

Hmmm...maybe Santa (or someone) will get it for him. ;)