Monday, March 03, 2008

All over the place

My thoughts are all over the place today, so hang tight and we’ll see if we can make sense. Ha! Good luck with that!

Weds is the closing on our old house. I never did get over there and take a few more pictures or copy down Jaben’s growth marks on the wall. I’m not going to get there tonight either. I guess we just have to say goodbye to it and move on.

I signed Kyan up for preschool in the fall. If it works out, he’ll be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11:30am. He’s only 3, I don’t feel he needs more than that right now. Maybe next year I’ll be able to work him into one more day for the 4-yr old class to prepare for all day kindergarten when he’s 5, but one step at a time. I had a ride all worked out for him, but that fell thru. So I was panicking, in spite of having 7 mos to figure it out. I think it might be okay tho – my cousin said she might be able to do it, so ** whew **. Kyan can go to preschool after all. He needs it, and better still, he wants it. I’m excited for him to get to do this – I think he’s going to love it!

I’m trying to figure out if it’d be possible to get rid of my car. Not to be carless – I wouldn’t be able to get to work that way. But to get rid of the Liberty and get something more fuel efficient and, if I was lucky, with a lower payment. That’d be nice, but it’s probably not likely. I owe too much yet, I think. I’m not necessarily upside down (I researched), but I’d still end up tacking what I owe onto a loan and that might negate any fuel savings I could get. But it has to be considered, and possibly researched because with gas prices at a ridiculous $3.19/gal, and probably $4.00/gal by summer I cannot afford to drive my Jeep anymore. I HAVE to have something that uses less gas. I don’t have the money for what could be $65.00/week for gas. If I could get something more fuel efficient for the same or a lower payment, I’m okay with basically paying for a car and a half over the long run to be able to get by week to week right now. KWIM? So if you’ve got any suggestions or ideas, please share!

In other news, one cousin is getting married (!) on the 4th of July this year (yay Bethany and Josh!!) and another cousin is pregnant and due in Oct. I need to see what baby clothes I have from Kyan so she can have them if she wants. My kids are growing by leaps and bounds, things are crazy as usual but I think we’d be bored if we were less busy. I did get a great nap on the couch yesterday with Kyan and that totally rocked, especially since naps are a luxury I can’t normally afford.

Yeah, I know I’m still all over the place. Rather fixated on that car and all I have to do tonight – like make cookies (again – and I won’t burn them this time!) for the scout’s red and green banquet tomorrow night. It was supposed to be last week but got cancelled due to snow. Shouldn’t be a problem this week.

That’s all I’ve got for now. Maybe I’ll sleep better tonight and the rest of the week (couldn’t shut off the brain last night) and have a more comprehensible post in a day or so. Thanks, if you stuck with me!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your cookies! Hopefully they will turned out less cooked this time :)

palmtreefanatic said...

I hear ya on the car thing! My van is falling apart, I got $300.00 worth of parts we got from the dealer and trying to get a descent time when I wont mind being with out a vehicle to pay the mechanic to put them on! sigh...Not to mention it is rusting so badly, scary! BUT a new car is NOT in the cards for me right now and Dont know when it ever will be! Economy sux and well this is life I guess...for everyone!

I do hope you figure out something as I am hearing the same rumors of the $4 a gallon by summer, ouch!

have fun baking cookies...I am still adjusting to working 1 more day a week, on top of taking care of 4 kids and a house, yes I said 4 kids ( hubby included)

Glad you enjoyed the nap, LUCKY! I will be happy to feel 100% better from this everlasting flu/cold!