Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ahhh... a quiet moment

The big one is watching cartoons (on a sunny Saturday afternoon! What is wrong with this child - or rather his mother who LETS him watch cartoons on a sunny Saturday afternoon!) and the little one is napping, after passing out over a nutritious lunch of Krispy Kreme. No, that is not a typo - I fed my children Krispy Kreme for lunch. It is not a staple in our house... in fact I think it's the first time I've ever bought them, myself. But, we were at the grocery store, buying the cake for my cousin's bridal shower (that I cannot attend since I couldn't find a babysitter - and when did babysitters start charging $4.75/hr anyway???) when the big one asked for a snack, or donuts or... well, kid food.

Now in my defense, I did say no. At first. Then I got to thinking.... 2 kids who need fed. One house that needs cleaning (any volunteers?)... six donuts... hm.... and so yes, my boys had Krispy Kreme donuts for lunch. Am I a bad mom for feeding that to them? Some people might say so. But I don't. I think it just makes me a smart mom who's short on time and energy to do the things that need done right now.

Besides... anyone remember the Bill Cosby thing, where he feeds the kids cake for breakfast? Eggs, good. Milk, good. Frosting... not so much. But the idea is there. Besides, the baby can't eat hot dogs so really if you think about it, it's better to feed them donuts. Right? Right??

I can't be the first mom who's done this. And I'm sure I won't be the last. So I guess, every now and again it doesn't hurt to let them eat cake! (or donuts, whatever)

And now... I must vacuum. (seriously - no volunteers?)

No comments: