Wednesday, February 07, 2007

No court for you!

Or rather, ME. They settled it in pre-trial! I'm so glad I don't have to go to court tomorrow!!! That bothered me way more than the police banging on the door looking for me. The prosecutor called me back about 4 or so yesterday afternoon to let me know and I was a very happy girl! Told him it was the best news I'd heard all day.

As for the frigid temps around here, looks like we're havin a heat wave. Or not. It is back up to double digits - barely – but at least the kids had school today. There was a 2 hr delay, but after driving to work (sliding to work?) I completely understand that. It was sliiiiiiick out there! I’ve really got to get those back tires replaced. And get Jaben in to the dentist.

** sigh **

So much for having some money in the account.

Oh and speaking of accounts? CapitalOne sucks. I paid the damn card off and it still showed a balance due. So I called them and “oh gee we don’t know, please hold.”

**Cue 20 mins of awful hold music**

Apparently they didn’t get it in the system for this month, what’s left will go on the account next month and they’re considering it an overpayment and I won’t owe a payment next month. Uh-huh, sure. And when I don’t make a payment next month are you going to charge me the ridiculous $35 late fee? Credit cards are the devil, I don’t know why I bother having one.

Only for emergencies, right? It just burns my ass that they can make a mistake like that with MY account, my money, and I can’t charge them a $35 “you screwed up” fee. Seems like that’d be reasonable, doesn’t it?

I’m really only irritated because I just got off the phone with them and I’m sure it’ll pass. It’s just that this seems like a bit of a pain in the butt for a 19% interest rate. Anyone know where I can find a better rate?

Ah well, live and learn. I’ll probably keep taking it because sometimes a credit card is a necessary evil. I don’t have to like it and guess what? I don’t really have to use it! Only for emergencies, right?

Right.

1 comment:

palmtreefanatic said...

I love my starbucks card! It buys me free starbucks coffee drinks for FREE! I love it love it love it! because God knows i certainly cant be affording $3-4.00 small drinks of coffee to often! sigh, anyway when I signed on the card they awarded me with $25.00 in free drinks right up fron and another 3.00 around christmas just for being a good customer! I do really love it! every dollar spent gives me points....not sure of the details, just know we live on credit cards and this one benefits ME!!!:)not even too sure of the interest rate but I always pay them off, no matter what! ok enough of my excitement in my sheltered life! Glad to hear you dont have to do the court thing!