Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Explanation of 12 of 12 n stuff

I promised to explain what 12 of 12 was and didn’t do it, so now I am. I read about 12 of 12 at Erik’s blog, My Year of New Things in this post. I love Erik’s blog because the well… I just do. Go check him out and you’ll see what I mean. Basically, a 12 of 12 is where you take 12 pictures during the course of your day on the 12th of the month, and post them with short captions of what each picture represents. It’s pretty interesting, really!

So anyway, I thought I’d do a 12 of 12 myself and let everyone in on the mind-numbing routine that is often my life – during the week. Unfortunately, I thought I’d use the camera (digital) I got at Wal-Mart for $20 instead of the nice, expensive one my mommy bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. The cheapy camera looks just like a small film camera… in other words, it doesn’t have the handy screen on the back to you can see your picture immediately. Which is why most of my pictures that day didn’t come out. If they had, I was going to be all creative and do a 12 of 12 of my life this month, then maybe next month have Jaben do 12, then the next month have someone else do it, and eventually have a 12 of 12 each month by a different poster. It’d be cool, I think.

I’m probably going to still try that… IF I can get my stupid pictures to come out! So don’t steal my idea, okay? ;-) It’s probably not an original idea as it is, but guest 12’s would still be cool. So maybe down the line I’ll still have a bunch of guest 12’s. So if anyone who knows me (does anyone read this??) wants to volunteer to do 12, let me know and we’ll hook you up! Pics and descriptions can be emailed – for anyone out of town.

In other news, I cut my hair off. It was bugging me, it was too long, it was out of control, and in short – it looked bad. It’s about shoulder length now, many layers on the ends, and the pain in the ass bangs are blended so they can now grow out – out of my way!! Who knew that with a toddler I’d be too time-crunched in the morning to mess with them?

And, Cub Scout day camp is Thurs and Fri for Jaben, then we have the overnight on Saturday (I think!!) so busy week. Tonight we go to have him fitted for his FOOTBALL uniform – I can’t believe he’s going to be playing tackle football. I’m very conflicted about this in so many ways, so let’s not talk about it anymore. Also on Thurs we’re going to meet with a potential new daycare provider for Kyan… fingers crossed. He’s a fussy-boy, so whoever takes him has to be special. 2 phone calls and I like this woman already… I hope we click and we like her and she likes us and can/is willing to handle a fussy-boy.

And my car is sick. My friend’s husband thinks he can fix it… I hope he can. I hope it doesn’t break down on me before it gets fixed… I don’t want to get stranded on the side of the road!! I hope it doesn’t cost as much as I’m afraid it’s going to cost. I’d be willing to take donations! (just kidding)(sorta)

And that about does it for today’s update. I managed to only start 3 paragraphs with and…. Not to bad. Ha!

No comments: