Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yup, we're still alive!

Just really, really, relentlessly busy!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. I hadn't even thought much about it, really. I'm just not one of those bloggers who can post every day, or apparently even with some regularity. I'm kind of over feeling bad about it. If anyone reads the blog I'm sure they're aware by now that sooner or later, a post will come.

So, what's been going on. The new house is underway. Things are more of a mess than we'd first thought, so all the walls in the bathroom have to be removed and some areas treated because of MOLD! Yeah. Oh God mold. Fortunately, we've got a good guy working on it and he'll make sure it's taken care of. Just that it's one more thing we didn't count on. Things seem like they're going to cost much less than originally thought, so yay for that. That's going to help a lot as we continue to encounter the unexpected and hopefully it will all come together so that we can be IN by Halloween. That's the goal, anyway. I took some pictures when they had the floors ripped up to put in the new subfloors, and I need to get back over soon to get pics of the rest of the progress. I'm hoping to eventually post before, during, and after shots. We'll see how that goes.

Last week we went to Cedar Point with the family. My cousin and her boyfriend were visiting from Alaska so the whole group got together to ride coasters and eat fried junk food. It was GREAT! My mom had to work so she brought Kyan over for me for the twilight hours and I got to spend the day riding with Jaben. He was AWESOME!! He's rather short for 11, so this was the first year he was even tall enough for some of them. He finally got to ride the Raptor with me (my favorite!) and he LOVED it! I was worried because he's not big on flips, but when it ended he screamed "THAT WAS AWESOME!!" and set a great tone for the rest of the day. He didn't care for the new Maverick (which I LOVED) but he rode more rides that day than ever, so we had a blast! When Kyan came, I found out how truly fearless my baby is. He kept pointing at the giant coasters and asking, "I ride that?" Too cute! We took him to Camp Snoopy and he rode EVERYTHING! He was so cute on the Woodstock Express (giggled the whole ride!) that we bought the video at the end. I think we've seen it about 85 times now and he never gets tired of it. Just as an aside, the angle they shoot those from is not adult friendly and mommy looks like a sluglump. Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

I'm probably going to be working some extreme hours next week, so rather than wait and maybe miss the Huron County Fair next week, I went ahead and brought the boys to the Erie County Fair last night. We were not impressed. As we got there, Kyan got on the merry go round, then we went to look at other rides for Jaben and they shut them down for an hour!!!! We were so mad! So instead we went to play games (lots of useless junk there) and get something to eat. Eventually the rides started up again and the boys found one they could ride together and they loved it! Jaben got a real kick out of riding with Kyan (he's a blast on a ride), and so they went twice. It was so cool seeing them do this together. Can't wait till Kyan's even bigger and they can do more of that really great stuff together!! We only ended up staying about an hour and a half (small fair) and we were done.

On the way out, we ran into some people from a nearby haunted house, the haunted Hydro (only the best haunted house ever!!) and got to talking to a goul. Yes, he was dressed as a goul and had the COOLEST mouthpiece that gave him screws for teeth! Said he made it himself. Anyway, he told us they're always looking for volunteers and we should contact them!! I've ALWAYS wanted to work at a haunted house so we're definitely looking into it. If Jaben is old enough (website has no age limit listed) we're going to try for it together. That would be so much fun!!!

So, that's it for now. School starts soon and knowing me, I may not write again until then. But, we've been having a great summer, the boys are happy and healthy and things are trucking along.

1 comment:

palmtreefanatic said...

Hey NEW POST! YIPPEE!!
I was thinking as I was reading your post you should show before during and after shots! how fun to remember the house!

You went to CP??? wooohoooo! I am so excited you got to ride the MAVERICK! I love it I think it is the best ride ever next to the Millenium!

Busy work eh? Well I guess it is good for money, something we are lacking...we HOPE to get to the fair for a brief time but not spending ANY money this yr due to bills and not getting vacation pay for Bills Work till sept....sigh
fun fun!

Can't wait to see you move into the neighborhood!