Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day weekend

Well, school started for Jaben on Tuesday, and so far so good. I'm a little worried because it looks like his Adderall is going to run out 2 days before his doctor appt, and that would leave him 2 school days without it. I really don't want that. I need to call in an hour when they open and see if we can do something about that.

But as far as the weekend goes, today Kyan and I aren't doing much. I need a blood test, to do laundry, and get the house straight. We also need to make "you got thru the first week!" cookies for Jaben to come home to. Tomorrow, I'm getting new rear tires on my car and taking the boys to the Melon Festival. Saturday night, I need to stop by the bar where they're taking my cousin for her 21st birthday. I really don't have a lot of interest in bars these days so I probably won't stay long, but I want to say Happy Birthday and have a beer with her.

Sunday, we're going to the zoo! I can't wait to see how Kyan likes the animals!! After that, we're going to try to find a hotel with a pool and hide out for the night. We all need a break and to get out of town, and this would work perfectly. Hopefully we'll be able to find something nice, but reasonable, with a decent pool the boys can swim in. That would be lovely!

So Kyan's got a new thing this week... he can't stand tags in his shirts. If there's even the tiniest tag in the collar, he begs me to cut it off. The one I just put on him already had the big tag cut off, but he HAD to have the smaller one cut off too. He is not content until there are no tags left on his shirt. I'm sure he couldn't feel that little tag, but if he sees it - that's it. "Mommy, cut tag off." For now, it's kind of amusing, but I'm sure it won't be if I ever manage to have a garage sale and want to sell a bunch of his stuff... no tags means no sizes!

Oh well -- if it keeps him happy...

1 comment:

palmtreefanatic said...

Kedric went through this phase with the tags too it made me crazy! infact he would even rip them out putting holes in his NEW shirts! SO glad we are past this stage!

Have fun at the Zoo, take your camera!
and have fun at the pool/hotel! most of all enjoy your weekend!