Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 in review

More reflections. Fun, hey? I just read this on Tina's blog and thought I'd borrow it.

What did you do in 2006 that you’ve never done before?
Performed in a musical with my son

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I sort of kept one, blew the other to bits and of course I will make more for next year! I'm a work-in-progress... gotta keep pushing, moving, and trying to grow!

Did anyone close to you give birth? Not this year
Not this year... 2005 was the year of the baby around here!

Did anyone close to you die?
Nope!!!!

What countries did you visit?
None

What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More money, more patience...

What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory and why?
June - flood week. It was insane around here!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Wait! I was supposed to achieve something?!?

What was your biggest failure?
Not handling my finances as well as I would've liked and not losing any weight

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not this year, thank God! Even got the thyroid mess reading as normal! Yahoo!

What was the best thing you bought?
I don't really buy a whole lot... not for me, anyway.

Where did most of your money go?
bills and boys!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Kyan's first birthday! Jaben's birthday camping trip, Christmas

What scripture is a theme of 2006?
Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

God has always given His people guidance on how they should treat one another. We tend to be selfish, unless trained otherwise. But God wants us to be considerate of others. He said that we should treat others they way we would like to be treated. How do you like to be treated? With respect, listened to, not interrupted, loved, share things with, treated fairly, honest with, follow through on promises. If we like these things from others, it is only natural that others would like us to treat them the same. (also known as the Golden Rule!)

Happier or sadder?
I think I might be a bit happier. Good for me!

Thinner or fatter?
probably about the same, although the jeans I have on now were tight when I bought them in '05 and are quite loose now... but not enough lost to be visible.

Richer or poorer?
oh, the same. *sigh*

What do you wish you’d done more of?
exercise!

What do you wish you’d done less of?
eating, impulse spending


How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve was the whole family at my aunt's house, then Christmas Day was me and the boys, my mom, my sister and her gf - opened gifts and just lazed around

Did you fall in love in 2006?
only more with my children

What was your favorite TV show?
I kind of like that new one, The Class

What was the best book you read?
I read so much it's hard to choose! I'm late to the game but I'm really into the Harry Potter books right now

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006?
I don't think my taste changed much this past year... maybe getting into Fallout Boy, but that's the same type of music I've always liked

What did you want and get?
a new tv

What did you want and not get?
oh... I think I'll skip this one. It'd mostly be involving things about Jaben and I'd prefer to keep some things to myself. :-)

What was your favorite film this year?
Pirates of the Carribean

What did you do on your birthday?
I went to work!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
losing weight, handling my money better, things going better for Jaben in regards to school

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
my personal fashion concept? lol... that makes it sound like I think about it! I love jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters... if it's comfortable and fits and I'm WARM enough (I'm always, always cold!) then it's all good

What kept you sane?
who said I was sane?

which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really get into celebrities

What political issue stirred you the most?
I get mad about the gay marriage thing. I mean seriously... why not?? You can't dictate who YOU love, so what give you the right to dictate who someone else loves? Just pass it already and let people be HAPPY, for goodness sake!

Who did you miss?
Hm... nobody, really. Some of my family moved nearby this year and so we get to see them all the time!

Who was the best new person you met?
Jaben's drama teacher, Jill. LOVE HER! She's so fun!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
don't sweat the small stuff. Okay, I knew that already. Um... Hm... okay, how about "some people are just nuts and it's best to just ignore them and make fun of them in private!" Does that count?? ;-)

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through

All American Rejects

No comments: