Thursday, January 04, 2007

2 things, real quick

I'm hoping to update my ridiculously out-dated blogroll real soon, so if you read regularly and have a blog, and would like your blog to be included, please comment and let me know and I'll put you on! I do ask, however, that you add me to your blogroll as well. Thanx!!

*********************************

One thing I’ve needed to do for a while is send out an apology. I can’t imagine the person for whom it’s intended will ever see it, but I feel it’s necessary. I had a “secret” blog before I started this one. Not secret in that NOBODY knew about it, but secret in that nobody I knew IRL knew about it. And don’t bother looking, you won’t find it. But anyway, there was a post on there in which I said some pretty nasty things about a woman who hangs on a message board I used to post at. I don’t go there anymore for my own reasons, which have nothing to do with this particular person, but I know that she does. Anyway, I basically called her a train wreck and not any kind of person to look up to or idolize. And I wasn’t nice about it, or apologetic and it was absolutely uncalled for and unnecessary and I have no excuses for it. But the thing is, I was wrong. Not only for saying it (or even thinking it, for that matter), but just generally wrong about her. She hasn’t had the easiest time lately, having endured unimaginable personal tragedy and not only come through it, but seems to be doing amazing. That’s inspirational. That’s something to look up to, that’s strength of character and shows who she really is. Maybe she’s made choices in her life that I don’t necessarily agree with, but it’s not my life, my choices, or my place to judge. I prefer to think I’m a better person than someone who would be so judgmental, but I’m not, any more than anyone else is. What I said was mean and nasty and I am genuinely sorry for it. And (not that she’ll ever see this, but that’s not the point) I hope that the person I’m referring to knows how amazing she’s been, and how strong during the past months. And if by some odd chance of internet connections, she sees this, I’d like her to know that I really do feel awful about what I said and that I hope she can accept this as an apology.

*********************************

Mmkay, that's about it. Don't forget to let me know if you'd like to be included in the upcoming new and improved blogroll!

2 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

Of Course I want to be added which I think i am not yet????? hmmmm

Rachel said...

I'll blogroll you if you blogroll me!

By the way, I make the WORST EVER first immpressions of people. I'm REALLY bad at it. I spend half my life apoligizing for having had the wrong immpression of someone sometime. It happens! And I think it bothers ME more than anyone I've judged, which is probably the same as your case -- it bothers you more then her....