Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The plague has hit!

Okay, not really. But it sure feels like it!!

We had a great time in Nashville, despite the fact that Jill didn’t win the Showdown. We were very disappointed that she didn’t win, but it was so cool watching and participating in the filming. We got to see more of Nashville than you’d think, considering we were only there for 2 days. Actually, it wasn’t even 2 days. It was a VERY long drive (8hrs both ways) but it was good to have some time with Jaben. He loves staying in hotels, and he got to have the continental breakfast for the first time, which he really enjoyed. He got to make his own waffle! LOL! And as we were heading back to our room to pack he said, “Mom? Did you pay for that??” I had to giggle… I guess when I told him about the hotel breakfast, I neglected to tell him it was included!!

I’ll have to get some of our pictures scanned. Many, MANY are of Jaben’s thumb (forgot the digital, bought a disposable) but a couple came out nice.

Anyway, the plague. Yeah, we’ve got it. This awful flu bug/virus thing that’s been going on has hit with a vengeance!! When we got home Friday evening, Kyan had just thrown up all over the living room – and on Grandma! He was sick all Saturday and Sunday. Monday he seemed a lot better, but when he got home from the babysitters, Grandma let him have some milk and he threw up again. Ew.

By the time I got home from work Monday, I felt kind of nauseous too, and as the evening went on it got worse and worse. I was up most of the night that night. ‘Nuff said. So Kyan and I stayed home Tuesday and vegged. We did go see the doctor since Kyan threw up everything I managed to get him to eat – again – and I was getting worried. I already knew there was nothing that could be done, but at least the Dr. is aware of how sick he is. He’s lost weight, and he doesn’t have much to lose! We’re going to give him a couple more days and if he’s not doing better I have to call back. I think he’ll be better… he ate last night. Apparently it all came out in his diaper, but he tried.

As for me, I’ll live. The Dr. gave me an anti-nausea pill, but it just knocked me out. I’ll get thru the rest of this without it. That’s why I say “apparently” everything Ky ate came back out… I passed out around 7 and staggered to my bed around 11… that’s all I remember. Grandma (God bless Grandma!!) took care of him and Jaben and cleaned him up. I HAD to come to work today, and surprisingly don’t feel * too * bad. My stomach is making some funky noises and the muscle aches persist, but I can’t complain. Especially since my poor baby has been fighting this for so long!

Hopefully we’ll all be back to 100% by the weekend. I’m going to need to borrow a carpet cleaner tho. I mean seriously… a vomiting 2-yr old does * nothing * for the floors!!

2 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

ewwwww....joys of motherhood! aaahhh...I know what you mean! i feel so freaking lousy! I slept extra long last night like 10 hrs? then I had to pump the caffiene because I m oversleeped ya know? So the kids were hearing me whine all night to go to bed so i could (8:30) I swear I drank and peed all night long! anyway they were all hoping im better I think before they come home from aschool...hehehe...im scary when im sick, yeah i can be as bad as a man I suppose...With Bill in bed early and me with no energy, kids being rowdy! I need someone to take care of me....sigh...the caffiene helped, I feel civil!!! yeah! I hope you are all doing well SOON too!!!

Rachel said...

Drink Airborne and other things with plenty of vitamin C!!!! I'm living in a house at the moment with a 2 yr old (well, she'll be 2 this sunday) who pees on EVERYTHING!!! She doesn't wear diapers anymore and she pees on the floor or on me constantly. But I LOVE her. Children are so funny. There's no one else who could emit so many distgusting bodily functions onto you and your floor that you'd EVER want to me around, much less crave to be around, other than a child you love!