Friday, June 16, 2006

Random Friday junk

So it's Friday morning and I'm sitting here putting off trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. I have fed the kids healthy peanut butter sandwiches (healthy? convenient? same thing) and I'm pretty sure Kyan is pooping right now. He's squatting on the floor next to me and making pushing noises. Goes nicely with the snot running down his face. Jaben is getting ready to shower and I think I need to decide what we're going to do today. I need to clean, I want to go to the library and swimming, we're planning to finally do our tie-dying today (we've had the kit for weeks but no time to actually tie and dye) and I need to get Kyan a white shirt to do one for him. But what am I doing? Surfing and blogging. Yup... I'm hella ambitious today.

Did I just say hella? Geez... goes to show ya what kind of mood I'm in today.

** I've been meaning to mention the comments. The few I've gotten lately. *sigh* I started out trying to respond to all of them but it just isn't happening. So if you've made a comment and didn't receive a reply, I apologize. It's not that I don't read them or don't appreciate them - I do, I *love* comments... it's just that I don't always have something to add, or I'm short on time and it's all I can do to read thru what's going on that day. So please, keep commenting! I really do love getting them and I do read them, even if I don't get a chance to respond!!

** Jaben is going to be 10 on Monday. TEN. TEN. He's going to be TEN. Yes I know that to those of us over 21, ten is not a big deal. But it is to the boy who is turning 10 (thus the birthday camping trip, and yes it was early and yes it was necessary to have it that early) it is huge. Double digits, doncha know. What I want to know is, when did I get old enough to be the mother of a ten year old boy?? I know I'm chronilogically old enough (I know I just butchered that word, spell check be damned!) but mentally I'm stil 19. So how did that happen?? I pulled out baby books and photo albums the other day and can't believe how long ago all that was. And then I look at baby Kyan, and think about the temper tantrums and fits lately (teething, I think) and how hard it's been, and I realize this is such a short time in his little life and before I know it he'll be sleeping at friend's houses and going to school and rolling his little eyes at me and.... wow... In the blink of an eye, my baby is ten years old, on the brink of puberty and manhood and driving and girls and oh wow the next thing I know he'll be graduating college, getting married, having babies of his own... Everyone tells you it goes by so fast, but you don't really know what it means until you see it in your own children. Well...

Happy Birthday Jaben! I'm very proud of who you're becoming and you've got a good heart and strong self that will take you far... stay true to yourself and you'll never go wrong.

** Okay, enough of this sappy shit. I've got a poopy diaper to change and a pretty gross house to clean. Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: