Friday, June 29, 2007

Fighting... with an 8-1/2 yr age difference?!?

Seriously... they're fighting today. There are 8.5 yrs between them and they are FIGHTING!

Um... like brothers?

Who would've thought that they'd already know how to push each others buttons so. I guess I don't need to worry too much about the age difference keeping them from having a normal sibling relationship. They've already mastered one of the most important parts of growing up with a sibling... driving each other insane! They are extremely supportive of each other tho. Kyan will be the first to clap and give Jaben a "good job!" when he's done something praise-worthy, and Jaben celebrates all of Kyan's milestones right along with the rest of us (using the potty on his own!!), so I know they love each other. I just think today they're having a day when they don't really like each other.

Normal, yes. Frustrating? You'd better believe it. I just gave my first double time out and... I didn't really like it. That was no fun. One of them looked at me like I was a moron (gotta love that pre-teen know it all phase) and the other one looked at me like I took away his puppy.

Hopefully we'll be able to move to the new house sooner rather than later, then they can have their own rooms as well as a playroom and maybe, just maybe, having that extra space will level things out a bit.

Oh, I didn't mention we're very likely moving to a new house? It's a family-owned home (meaning owned by my mother's family - it belonged to my grandma and grandpa) and it's recently been empty. It needs a lot of work (so does the house we live in now) but it's got enough bedrooms that everyone could have their own, plus there would be a rather large playroom, once we're finished with the remodel the kitchen will be huuuuuge, it has a gigantic back porch that will be screened in for hanging out and playing (yay for a rainy-day playspace!), a garage, and will have a large fenced-in yard! I do hope things work out because that would be so very nice. I'd love to be in the same area of the house as the boys, I'd love for them each to have their own rooms... and I'd love everything else we'd most likely end up having with this other house.

Plus, it's right up the street from some life-long friends of ours and it'd be very cool to have friends that close. Our neighbors here... well, they kind of suck. I'm very hopeful that this will work out and I'm definitely excited! I can't wait to get out of this house! Hopefully Sept-Oct..... Cross your fingers!!

1 comment:

palmtreefanatic said...

they are crossed! I pray you will get it I am so excited!!!!