Tuesday, September 12, 2006

fouw… fie…. sis…

I had it in mind to write an amusing post about the return of the skinny jean (I mean really?? Are they serious?? WHO looks good in those? Please, ladies, let’s do ourselves a favor and not buy them – never wear things simply because the Fashion Gods say you should! There are very few things that make your ass, hips, and thighs look bigger than skinny jeans! Yes you end up with petite, pretty ankles, but at the expense (expanse??) of what? Looking like you have a gigantic ass?? Please. Ladies. Just say no to skinny jeans. ‘Nuff said.) but then I decided I had something more exciting to say.

KYAN IS A BABY GENIUS!!!!

Okay maybe genius is too strong of a word. But here’s what happened… we were counting last night…

Me: One… two… three…

Him: fouw… fie…. sis…

Me: OH MY GOD YOU JUST COUNTED!!!!!!

Yup, it went just like that. I did get him to say “seven, eight, nine” once too, but then he gave me that “Mother… I am not a performing monkey, here for your enjoyment” look, so I stopped. I DO have a witness tho. He counted for Jaben this morning – and Jaben freaked too! Okay, the kid will be 20 mos on the 22nd… only 20 mos….

That counts for baby genious-ness, right? If not, I don’t wanna know.

(but seriously -- don't buy the skinny jeans)

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Most definitely a genius. Yup.

And I didn't realize the skinny jeans were coming back!! Eeek!! Doesn't it figure, though? Just as everyone has a full closet (finally) of jeans that are no longer tapered, they bring back the exact opposite. Sigh. And what is with the belted look coming back? Not my favorite, either.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, skinny jeans. Who wudda thought?? You'd think we'd have all learned our lesson the first time around!!!

And yeah, baby genious. And he's cute, too. ;-)