Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baptised!

Jaben and I were baptised today!

I know some who read this are surprised, but it's been a long time coming. We found our church - First Baptist - a little over 2 months ago and fell in love with it. Jaben wanted to go check it out because of the after school roller skating program they run for the intermediate school students. It's just across the street from the school, and Jaben spent many afternoons skating to Christian music and listening to the word. He absolutely loved Pastor Paul and convinced us (not that it was hard) to visit the church and see what we thought. So we did.

For myself, I felt pretty comfortable from the first service. Pastor Paul is an awesome preacher and his sermons are so easy to listen to - which is a huge difference from the preaching I heard as a child. Just felt like a good place to be. But what really clinched it for me was the baptism. Jaben and I have been talking about it for a while, "when we find the right place." After a few weeks of attending, Pastor Paul mentioned that there would be a baptism service coming up and for any who were interested to speak with him. To both of us, that just screamed of the sign we needed that we were in the right place.

So. As of today, Jaben and I are both very happy new members of the First Baptist Church. It is good, and we are all very happy there. It's so nice to know that Jaben will have the support of his church family thru his teen years, and that Kyan will always have a church family growing up.

No comments: