Friday, May 16, 2008

Wow what a sucky week

Okay, the reason I haven't posted in over a week is because it's been the worst week on record.

First, Kyan's sperm donor has asked to have a review to possibly reduce the amount of child support he doesn't pay. I can't for the life of me figure out why he's allowed to do that since he's in severe arrears, but the laws in this state suck, so he is. Whatever, I'll deal with it. It's not like I can get less than the nothing I'm getting now.

Then on Weds, my boss came to me and (tearfully) told me that she can't keep the company going and that we'll be closing at (most likely) the end of June. My insurance will be good until then, but she doesn't know what kind of hours I'll be working. Thankfully, I have time off that she owes me so we won't be completely screwed. The economy bites and I'm really not sure what I want to do now, and at this point I'm not in a state of mind to write about it here. The only thing I do know, is that this gives me July and August to spend with my kids, which rocks. I mean, I went back to work when Kyan was 4 weeks old and haven't spent more than 5 consecutive days with him since. So we're due, I think. I just wish it wasn't being brought about by unemployment.

Ugh.

So, if anyone still reads this poor, abandoned blog, I wanna know - if you had the chance, what would you do? Since I'm really not sure I want to do graphics anymore (it's really a dying field), I want to see what else is out there. So what would you do?

It's funny tho... the thing that started this bummer week was the whole child support issue, but turns out it's probably going to backfire on him. Most likely conclusion? He'll end up ordered to pay more.

[sarcasm] And gee don't we feel sorry for him. [\sarcasm]

3 comments:

KOZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yup... it's a sucky week. And I still read your blog. Kate.

The Queen said...

*giggles* Yeah, someone needs to let SD know that karma's a beyotch. :P

And you KNOW I read your blog.

K