Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas, late, of course

I missed having a Christmas post, but oh well. I've been sick with the flu this week and so lots of things have slipped past, relatively unnoticed. But not Christmas... never Christmas!!

The kids had a great day, and that's the important thing. They both got incredibly spoiled - which is amazing, considering the year we had around here. If I've learned one thing this year it's not to take the blessing of a job and income for granted, and most people do whether they realize it or not. If you look at all the people you know who "cry poor," and then look at what they have to work with, you'll see what I mean. I'm kind of ashamed that it took some serious unemployment for me to realize this, but better late than never.

But that's not my point. Christmas. Which Kyan has taken to calling, "Jesus' Christmas" because he knows it's Christmas and he knows it's Jesus' birthday, but can't quite separate the two just yet. It's really kind of sweet. We made sure we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus to kind of help with that.

For gifts... well, I'm not going to go into that. Suffice to say they were spoiled. I just don't see a point in posting pictures or lists of what they received. They're happy, spoiled rotten, and after this year? Extremely appreciative little boys. But the best part? At different times of they day they both said to me - out of earshot of the other - that the best part was having me home. *grin* Because it's not like I'm gone *that* much (although some days it feels like it), but they still miss me when I'm gone.

So Christmas? Rocked.

And the New Year? Should be better. Hopefully will be better. Things can always be worse, but we're ready for, due for, and in need of better.

Merry Belated Christmas to you and yours, and may your New Year be better than the old. Because really? No matter how good it was, we can all use better!

No comments: