Friday, November 14, 2008

Lots of anger and nowhere to put it

I am furious. I raise my children to respect other people and their viewpoints, even if I find them to be uninformed. Is it really too much to expect other people to do the same?

Apparently.

Hey, guess what? If you can't respect other people and their beliefs, you have no business expecting them to respect yours. But that seems to be too much for some people. Teach your children - if they don't like being called a name... oh like say GAY for example... then they should not be calling other people that particular name. Like, oh... the Golden Rule?

What really gets me is the hypocrisy. Don't go nuts when another kid calls your kid a name, but look away when they do it. I don't know about other churches, but mine teaches us to be kind and loving, to respect others, to respect our elders (this would include NOT calling another child's parent a "retard"[nice word, btw]), and to be truthful and honest. Don't just talk the talk, you must also walk the walk. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

It is so hard for me to hold back right now because there are SO MANY things I want to say. Lies that I would love to expose. But I won't. Because I'm not that person. Never have been, never will be. But again... it better stop. Because if I have to, I will make it stop.

No comments: